Leading by Example
As a ProStart® mentor, you will play different roles at different times, according to your student employee's needs. Mentors help students make the connection between their present performance and their future career. As a mentor, both you and your company can benefit.
Benefits of Being a Mentor
- Play an important role in a student's life
- Contribute to the future of the restaurant and foodservice industry
- Improve your supervisory and management skills
- Explore new ways of looking at your job and operations
- Gain motivated student employees who are focused on the industry as a career
- Groom potential employees by creating a rewarding work experience
- Launch a career-long connection with future employees and customers
- Contribute to the industry by helping create a high-quality labor pool
Mentors provide overall support for student competency and character development in the following ways:
- Educator — instructs students in technical and soft skills.
- Supervisor — gives direction. Shows students how they fit into the needs of the organization.
- Coach — provides motivation and information to help students meet performance expectations. Gives ongoing feedback and encouragement.
- Counselor — helps students work through problems or attitudes that affect job performance.
- Role Model — leads by example. Helps students develop effective professional skills and habits.
Become a Mentor
To become a mentor, contact:
Rachel Cummings firstname.lastname@example.org(303) 830-2972